Friday, August 10, 2007

Mount Kinabalu

The time has come and I'm glad that I made it to the top of the Mount Kinabalu. To climb Mount Kinabalu, there are 2 trails that you can use either via Timpohon or Mesilau. To climb the mountain takes 2 days where the first day you have to climb until mid point called Laban Rata, 6km from Timpohon and 8km if you use Mesilau Trail. Both trails has their very own thrills and experiences. The best way is to climb up via Mesilau and go down via Timpohon so you can enjoy both trails.
Mesilau Nature Resort. Time now is 7am...After registered our name at the registration counter, we were briefed by our mountain guide Yusry about the trail and safety guide. At 7.30am, we started our climb to the highest peak in South East Asia...
Crocker Range...I think it's the 'pondok' number 5, got around 3km more to reach the mid point Laban Rata. Shittt...here my leg cramped twice and it hurt like hell...Luckily I still can walk...What I can say about the climb is, every 100 metre felt like 1km...Oh my God, i felt like giving up...wargghhh
Reached Laban Rata around 3.30pm...Rest at the restaurant and had nasi goreng for lunch...Fooohhh...my legs hurt like hell and my body felt so weak...Dunno whether can continue the climb to the peak.
0.72 degree, at 1.30am...we're ready to climb to the peak...
See, we looked like burglar...it's so cold but I don't care, i still want to reach the peak...

At last, we conquered Mount Kinabalu....Yahooooooo!!!! We're lucky there were no mist and we can see the magnificent view of sunrise. On the way back down the mountain was the hardest part...but at least I felt satisfied and grateful that I didn't give up. That's the best feeling I've ever had....

No comments:

Google